Film Program Changes
Posted on April 11, 2012
Please be advised that Manitoba Film & Music (MFM) is changing its project insurance requirements for the Grant Program for Emerging Talent and Micro-Budget Production. Effective on April 1, 2012, MFM will not require applicants to the Grant Program for Emerging Talent and Micro-Budget Production to obtain E&O insurance for the project, provided the broadcaster/distributor does not require it. That being said, MFM retains the right, at its discretion, to require the applicant to apply for E&O insurance if MFM deems it to be necessary.
TELEVISION AND WEB-BASED PRODUCTION FUND Deadline:
All genres and formats - Monday, April 23, 2012 at noon.
1) All applications must have 75% of financing confirmed (including tax credits) and verifiable and supporting commitment letters must be submitted with the application in order to be considered;
2) The first day of principal photography MUST occur AFTER March 31, 2012 and/or hard prep MUST occur AFTER March 15, 2012;
Note: ONLY for documentary projects where a Producer/Director investment or Producer/Director deferral was required to close the financing, applications will be accepted where the first day of principal photography occurred AFTER December 31, 2011.
3) Applicants are advised that the deadline will be strictly enforced and LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
4) Applicants are advised that complete documentation is required on submission of applications.
5) Applicants must be in good standing (not in default) with MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC at the time of application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify status with MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC.
6) MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC will make best efforts to announce decisions by mid-May, 2012.
Note: Scripted, fictional television series are a priority, and as such, should the deadline impede closing the financing, MANITOBA FILM & MUSIC, at its sole discretion, may make an earlier commitment in order to not adversely affect the production schedule. This is only applicable to scripted, fictional television series.
For Further information contact: