WE’RE HIRING - Executive Assistant
Posted on November 29, 2019
In this role, you will provide support to the CEO while performing a wide range of administrative and general office duties including without limitation coordinating various day-to-day functions and projects. You will demonstrate excellent initiative and judgment and be able to work independently handling changing and competing priorities.
You are someone who is energetic, highly-organized and has a strong belief in providing excellent service.
- Provide overall administrative support to the CEO;
- Attend to incoming telephone calls, mail, email and courier items;
- Handle potential scheduling conflicts and effectively prioritize meeting requests;
- Liaise with internal management and staff;
- Prepare and follow up on internal and external correspondence as directed by the CEO;
- Monitor upcoming deadlines and bring items forward for follow up in a timely manner;
- Coordinate all travel arrangements and itineraries as may be required to assist the CEO and other departments;
- Maintain and update business and professional contact databases including industry lists and libraries and other projects as they arise;
- Coordinate and prepare agendas and briefing materials for board and internal staff meetings;
- Assist in issuing news releases and other disclosure materials using online services (MailChimp, Eventbrite, and other databases);
- Establish and maintain organized and confidential electronic and paper-based filing systems;
- Scan publications and industry newsletters for agency related stories or relevant information to brief CEO and cross-promote as directed;
- Ensure all agency information is current and updated;
- Assist in the coordination of industry events and markets as may be required;
- General administrative duties including providing administrative support to the office, greeting clients at reception, printing, scanning, copying, typing, filing, placing approved orders for business cards, production packages, posters, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in French is an asset;
- Completion of a post-secondary education is highly preferred and prior experience in an executive assistant role is preferred;
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, respect and confidentially is a must;
- Proficiency working independently;
- Strong organization skills with a proven ability to prioritize;
- Advanced skills in managing Outlook and Google Calendar as well as experience in MS Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Ability to anticipate needs or issues, and create solutions to address them in a timely manner.
The position is full-time, salaried position with benefits. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with salary expectations by email to Kevin Gabriel, Director of Finance and Administration by email at email@example.com. Hard copy applications submitted in person will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: December 12 at 5pm.