Manitoba Film & Music adapts operations in response to COVID-19
Posted on March 14, 2020
To our valued clients, colleagues and friends,
The World Health Organization has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a global pandemic.
At an agency level, we remain committed to providing services in all areas of program delivery, tax credit administration and film commission services. At the present time, our offices will remain open but we need to respond to the current situation by adapting the delivery of our regular services as follows:
1. Consultations and meetings with clients normally held in person at our office will now be done over the telephone.
2. Execution and delivery of contracts will only be done electronically.
3. Payments will now be mailed out rather than collected in person from our office.
4. Reports due to be delivered to Manitoba Film & Music should be submitted electronically.
5. Manitoba Film & Music will only accept applications by email until further notice.
6. Due to the current travel restrictions surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, Manitoba Film & Music has decided to temporarily close the Recording Artist Touring Support Program to new applications as of March 19 at 5PM. This will stay in effect until further notice.
If you have questions about submitting an application to Manitoba Film & Music or with respect to your current file, please contact your program director or program administrator.
We are in constant contact with our national peer agencies, worldwide clients and partners and together we are sharing best practices and information for the health and welfare of our film and music industries.
Our staff and clients’ safety remain a top priority for Manitoba Film & Music. We will continue to follow the Province of Manitoba’s recommendations regarding office protocols and health guidelines to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We recommend that you familiarize yourselves with the basic facts about the virus, its symptoms, its prevention and what to do if you believe you may be infected.
For more information please consult the following resources:
Be diligent. Be well.
Rachel Rusen Margolis
Chief Executive Officer & Film Commissioner