Communications & Marketing Director
Posted on October 18, 2020
This role is responsible for developing and delivering timely, accurate and cost-effective communication and marketing initiatives that advance the awareness of the Corporation, its programs and services locally, nationally and internationally. Reporting directly to the CEO this individual is the member of the Senior Management Team, tasked with maintaining the strong and professional image of the Corporation. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strategic thinking, keen communication skills and a commitment to collaboration.
Examples of duties:
Marketing & Communications:
- Develop and implement overall communications and marketing strategies around key issues and opportunities
- Ensure brand consistency across all publications and communications channels
- Create content rich publications including the Annual Report, position papers, marketing materials, media briefings, etc. for production in both print and digital formats
- Leverage sponsorship and advertising opportunities to achieve maximum exposure
- Respond to media requests for information and positioning statements
Board Reporting & Governance:
- Develop and communicate board meeting agendas
- Prepare appropriate board reporting content for review (scheduled and ad-hoc)
- Record and communicate key board discussions, activities and follow-up items
- Respond to board member requests for information
- Collaborate with related parties on the production of corporate events
- Ensure all participation at both internal and external events presents the corporation appropriately
- Prepare event specific communications & speeches as required
- Actively lead the broader Manitoba Film & Music team on assigned strategic projects
- Provide communications support to HR initiatives aimed at strengthening and motivating the team
- Successful completion of a university or college degree in Communications or Marketing; or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in the field
- Experience with implementing communications and marketing strategies as well as strategic media coordination.
- The ability to communicate in both English & French is not a requirement but would be considered an asset.
- Experience in the film, television, or music recording industries will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and creative)
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Adaptable to change and quickly pivot in response to new priorities and situations
Applications should be submitted by email including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before November 1st, 2020