SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION TIPS – WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
Calculate your production’s carbon footprint. Visit https://calc.wearealbert.org/login to request free access to the Reel Green Carbon Calculator powered by albert, a project of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
Reduce the amount of red meat served. The production of beef has a higher carbon footprint than that of fruits and vegetables.
Donate Food - Donating food is a great way to reduce food waste and help those in need. Food donations are encouraged and legal in every province!
How to Donate Food:
- Decide to donate food
- Pick a charity/non-profit organization to donate
- Wrap up food and label it; weigh it (it’s great to know how much you donate!)
- Refrigerate (or freeze) food if you cannot get to the charity/non-profit right away
- Call the charity/non-profit to let them know you're coming
- Drop off the food
Reuse Materials – Keep good materials out of the landfill. Please take a few extra minutes to find a home for set walls and other material that can be reused.
- Winnipeg Water and Waste Department – find out what goes where.
- Manitoba Waste Wise – where to recycle in Manitoba
- Sustainable Production Best Practices for each department
- GreenProductionGuide.com – has a “toolkit” and sample memos, flyers and more