SEEKING Media Tax Credit and Development Analyst
Posted on October 31, 2019
Media Tax Credit and Development Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Film Financing, Tax Credits & Film Commission Services, the Media Tax Credit and Development Analyst is responsible for the delivery of the Manitoba Film & Video Production Tax Credit, coordination of the deeming provision and Manitoba Film & Music’s Film Development Loan Program as follows:
Tax Credit Program Duties:
- Respond to tax credit inquiries.
- Update tax credit listings in all digital publications and international stakeholder presentations.
- Evaluate and conduct eligibility review of tax credit applications based on legislation and regulations.
- Perform review and analysis of financial statements, cost reports, contracts and other relevant documents to determine eligibility and to verify eligibility of expenditures.
- Communicate with clients in a timely and consistent manner, in order to complete tax credit application process accurately and swiftly.
- Keep accurate records of all client communication.Verify data and extract information from documents for entry in database.
- Track all changes to any public documents in consultation with Senior Tax Credit Analyst to comply with Red Tape Reduction Regulations and maintain accurate records of changes consistent with best practices for document.
- Prepare written documentation for applicants, issue certificates of eligibility regarding approval or provide notification of denial.
- Administer the deeming provision in concert with the unions, guilds, governing bodies and applicant producers, and maintain deeming records and statistics.
- Coordinate, attend and record tax credit advisory group meetings and others as directed.
- Liaise with the Department of Finance and the Canada Revenue Agency as directed.
Film Program Duties:
- Review and analyze all Development Program applications to ensure eligibility from application to completion.
- Review treatments, scripts and other creative documents and provide coverage as required.
- Complete data entry of Development Program applications, formulate Business Affairs Report (BAR), and draft contracts to ensure vigilant stewardship.
- Monitor commitment report to ensure contract obligations are being met and communicate with applicants as required.
- Receive all applications for Film Investment Program, Emerging and Micro-Budget Grant & Feature Film Marketing Program and prepare BAR for Senior Analyst to review.
- Coordinate and participate in outreach sessions to raise awareness of Manitoba Film & Music’s Film Programs.
- Research and prepare communication briefs for film department initiatives and when possible attend set visits at the request of Director of Film Financing, Tax Credits and Film Commission Services.
- Research and maintain database of current production executives to ensure the agency has relevant contacts with funders, broadcasters and aligned with industry practices, licensing agreements and market demands.
- Identify and schedule relevant marketing meetings that foster co-production opportunities for Manitoba at national and international markets.
Qualified candidates are required to electronically submit a cover letter and resume to Kevin Gabriel, Director of Finance & Administration by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: November 15, 2019 at 5pm.